Impellam Group is a leading Global Talent Acquisition and Managed Workforce Solutions provider that delivers bold promises to help build better businesses. Our Managed Services providers are supported by talent-focused Specialist Staffing brands with deep heritages, vertical sector expertise and loyal candidate networks. Clients across the world trust us to deliver Managed Services and Specialist staffing in the UK, North America, Australasia, and Europe. Bringing a wealth of expertise through our 14 market-leading brands across 76 locations. Underpinning everything, we do is our Virtuoso strategy which recognizes it is out people who make the difference.
This position will be primarily responsible for all General Ledger activity and transactions and managing direct reports. The ideal candidate should demonstrate ability to assess current resources and processes, make any necessary changes to drive efficiencies, improve accuracy, formalize processes and/or policies, and implement additional internal controls as needed.
HYBRID WORK MODEL! Requires in office presence.
- Ensure month-end close activities are performed timely and accurately.
- Analyze financial results and provide variance explanations to budget, forecast and historical trends.
- Identify opportunity areas and propose process improvements to achieve efficiencies during the close process.
- Lead and develop direct reports to have a thorough understanding of existing processes and responsibilities.
- Assess the team's skillset to maximize strengths and improve the opportunity areas to ensure proper roles and responsibilities.
- Build a growth and development plan for each direct report to facilitate cross training and/or future mobility.
- Create and/or enhance accounting processes and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Partner with functional and operational leaders to support the business by fostering teamwork and open communication across teams.
- Provide accurate and timely information including financial statement analysis to the Corporate Controller and Brand leaders as needed.
- Ensure strong internal control environment including managing and improving the account reconciliation process.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required (CPA Preferred).
- 5 years of Corporate Accounting related experience; required.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards and Principles, Cost Accounting.
- Should demonstrate advanced capability with Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Great Plains or D365 Experience
- LEAN or Six Sigma
- Audit experience (Internal or external)
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to work on time sensitive projects without daily supervision.
- Willingness to take on and assist with new and varied projects as they arise
- Strong leadership skills
Impellam Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
If you are in need of an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and hiring process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at
This is not a remote position!
Impellam NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
If you are in need of an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and hiring process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impellam Internal - Apply Online
your application has been submitted