Director of Tax
Impellam Group is a leading Global Talent Acquisition and Managed Workforce Solutions provider that delivers bold promises to help build better businesses. Our Managed Services providers are supported by talent-focused Specialist Staffing brands with deep heritages, vertical sector expertise and loyal candidate networks. Clients across the world trust us to deliver Managed Services and Specialist staffing in the UK, North America, Australasia, and Europe. Bringing a wealth of expertise through our 14 market-leading brands across 76 locations. Underpinning everything we do is our Virtuoso strategy which recognizes it is out people who make the difference.
The North America Director of Tax will be primarily responsible for all aspects of domestic and international compliance for the North American business. In addition, this position will be responsible for building, coaching, and developing a team of tax professionals. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to function in a dynamic environment, to evaluate current processes and policies, including any tax issues and determine the necessary improvements.
This high-profile position will be responsible for partnering with the leadership team in both the Corporate Office and Operations to help drive profitable growth.
- Coordinate, review and approve the preparation of any outsourced US federal, State and Local Income Tax returns.
- Prepare internally or coordinate with outsourced firms the filings for sales tax, personal property tax, gross receipts, and unclaimed property, as applicable.
- Coordinate, review and approve any outsourced international tax filings, statutory accounts, income tax returns and VAT.
- Review financial reporting of the company's tax position (prepared by an external resource) in accordance with ASC 740 and IAS 12 and work with external auditors to resolve open items.
- Support US federal, state, and local as well as international tax audits and exams by preparing/reviewing responses and appropriate analyses.
- Advise senior management team of the business impact of proposed and new tax laws, regulations, decisions, and legislation.
- Assist with the quarterly/annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses, and lead and/or manage special tax projects including coordination with internal teams and outside advisors/consultants as needed.
- Manages all third party domestic and international tax service providers.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual tax account reconciliations.
What we need from you:
- Must possess a high level of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial statement components and interrelationships.
- Ability to meet communicated timelines and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Collaborative attitude and team player.
- Prior experience in the staffing/service industry a plus.
- Process Improvements.
- System implementation projects.
Education and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10-15 years of tax experience (sales, state, and local income tax, federal, payroll, etc)
- Previous experience supporting Operations to support growth.
- Preferred Master of Taxation or MBA
- Preferred Canada and/or international tax experience
- Preferred Accounting experience
- LEAN/Six Sigma
Impellam is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and hiring process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at
Impellam NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
If you are in need of an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and hiring process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impellam Internal - Apply Online
your application has been submitted