INDIRECT TAX ANALYST
Impellam Group is a leading Global Talent Acquisition and Managed Workforce Solutions provider that delivers bold promises to help build better businesses. Our Managed Services providers are supported by talent-focused Specialist Staffing brands with deep heritages, vertical sector expertise and loyal candidate networks. Clients across the world trust us to deliver Managed Services and Specialist staffing in the UK, North America, Australasia and Europe. Working with them are 2800 Impellam people, bringing a wealth of expertise through our 14 market-leading brands across 76 locations. Underpinning everything, we do is our Virtuoso strategy which recognizes it is out people who make the difference.
The Indirect Tax Analyst reports to the Sr Mgr - Indirect Taxes and primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and file the following tax returns:
- Sales tax.
- Business licenses.
- Personal property tax; and
- Gross receipts taxes.
- Prepare all related tax funding requests.
- Maintain all related tax calendar items.
- Maintain all sales tax exemption certificates.
- Assist with account reconciliations for all above taxes and value added tax accounts (returns are prepared by external consultants).
- Assist with data analysis and verification.
- Assist with tax notices and tax audits for all above taxes.
- Assist with basic tax research for all above taxes.
- Follow internal controls and develop further compliance efficiencies; and
- Assist with other tax related projects as assigned.
- Must have an Accounting or Finance degree and at least 2-5 years of relevant tax experience.
- CPA certification is a plus, but not required.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Excel - ability to create large workbooks, build formulas and pivot tables, and other projects.
- Ability to multitask and meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to function as a team player.
Impellam is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted