£40,000 - £50,000 pa
We are Impellam Group, a leading Talent Acquisition and Managed Workforce Solutions provider offering Specialist Staffing solutions to thousands of clients globally. We are looking for a Bid Manager to support several of our specialist staffing brands to include Blue Arrow, Tate, Carbon60 and Career Teachers.
We are happy to consider part time working and we want to hear from talented Bid Managers and/or Writers from across the country that live at a commutable distance from one of our UK offices:
Luton London Manchester Cardiff Birmingham
Bristol Leeds Liverpool Sheffield Southampton
Norwich Glasgow Edinburgh Exeter Newcastle
About the role:
The role is responsible for managing the end-to-end tender process and informing our market insights. With a focus on growth and creating innovative recruitment solutions across all sectors, you will create engaging content and provide strategic direction for all bids, proposals, presentations and market intelligence. There are no line management responsibilities, but you will report directly into the RSS Head of Bids, deputising when required.
- Act as the bid lead and manage the end-to-end bid process taking an active role in the bid / no-bid decision
- Manage the bid plan and timetable including various contributing stakeholders
- Be lead author of written content, creator of bespoke graphics and presentations
- Work with the sales lead to design and develop solutions framed with compelling win themes, value propositions and differentiators
- Co-ordinate, plan and coach client presentations required as part of the bid submission
- Support the sales channels to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Conduct research directly or through collaboration, to provide data driven market insights
- Support pre-bid preparation for forthcoming bids and larger contracts/PINs with the sales team, including attending pre-market engagements
- Diligently maintain the content library, response templates, activity tracking and reporting.
You will need to have the highest standard of attention to detail and be an excellent communicator working at Director level. You will be proficient with Office suite and have exceptional Word, Excel and PowerPoint formatting skills; APMP Foundation level or above is desirable. As the role is hybrid, you will need to be comfortable with working remotely as well as happy to pop in the office as required.
- Proven track record managing bids (projects) and people resulting in successful and profitable new business
- Proven track record writing compelling bid responses resulting in successful and profitable new business
- Proven ability to design solutions with overall client specification and business strategy at its core
- Experience in bidding for public sector, not for profit and private sector deals worth £1m-£50m
- Business development experience and commercial awareness
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload of multiple projects (some planned, some reactive)
- Experience collaborating with and managing people internally and externally
- Proven ability to identify and scope new bid opportunities that fit with company growth strategy and new markets
- Proven ability to propose new and innovative solutions to sometimes complex challenges
- Ability to research using various sources of data, translate and create meaningful analysis and narrative that provides actions for decision makers.
Rewards and Recognition:
- 33 days paid holiday (inc bank holidays), rising 1 day/year in your first 5 years
- Birthday off as well as the option to buy/sell up to 5 days of A/L per year
- Black tie events and annual Awards Conference, where we celebrate our top performers from all divisions
- Lifestyle benefits and season tickets
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Personalized benefit suite with probation passed.
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, we would like to hear from you. You can apply directly or give us a call and have a confidential chat with our Recruitment Partner Ioana Iosep, on 02076541174.
Impellam Group is a proud member of the Disability Confident scheme, and we welcome people of all backgrounds to apply, but please note, we can only consider candidates currently based in UK with full Right to Work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
your application has been submitted