Data Protection Manager
Impellam Group is a connected group providing global workforce and specialist recruitment solutions.
Our strength lies not just in our brands, and their specialist vertical markets and regional knowledge, but in how we are united by one purpose, one culture, one driving force. We call it Virtuosity. It's why we're different. It's our determination to do even more and to always be ambitious and brave for our customers and candidates. Our customers see our Virtuosity every day in the way we are innovative and creative. They see it in our authenticity, in the way we keep our promises and in how we break down the barriers to unleash people's potential. Our operations span time zones across 70 locations in North America, Asia Pacific, the UK and Europe.
Every year, we connect carefully chosen candidates with good work at all levels. We believe in the power of work. It should have purpose and make a difference.
Through the power of work, we build better businesses and help people lead more fulfilling lives.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Protection Manager to work in a remote capacity with weekly travel to our Luton office. You'll be the key contact for data protection activities for the business providing support and advice on data protection matters to the business.
- Responsible for data protection compliance activities which may include investigating complaints, handling breaches, responding to subject access requests etc
- Provide technical support and advice to the wider legal team and businesses on data protection legislation including international data transfer compliance utilising transfer risk assessments, SCCs etc
- Co-operate with internal stakeholders and/ or the ICO on any data protection investigations and provide recommendations as required.
- Research and keep up to date with latest legislative activities and assess impact and provide recommendations
- Support the business and GDPR Champions to develop clear and concise processes for data protection compliance, promoting awareness of privacy standards and requirements across the business
- Respond to data protection-related queries received externally from suppliers or clients and from employees or workers
- Liaise with IT to manage tools and processes to improve how they handle data protection matters and the maintenance of up-to-date data mapping records.
- Support the Legal Assistant(s) with subject access requests, data erasure requests, and responses to data breaches
- Guide the business in the completion of assessments and policies required for data protection compliance.
- Provide reporting on data protection matters as necessary and maintain records of processing activities.
What we're looking for
- A solid understanding of and interest in data protection / GDPR
- Prior experience in providing broad support and advice in data protection matters
- Strong IT knowledge is desirable
- Well organised with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail, with analytical mindset
- Excellent written English and communication skills
- Experienced in driving and handling data protection matters
- Excellent understanding of the law and legal framework in which business operates
What Can We Offer You?
You will work within an organisation where your abilities and creativity are acknowledged and encouraged; and as part of a team whose passion for learning and development and having a positive impact on performance are the driving force for getting out of bed in the morning! Working in this new role within a global team, you will be integral to the delivery of our organisational strategies. We offer a range of benefits including a service-related enhanced holiday scheme, birthday off, a flexible benefits scheme with options including private medical and travel insurance and a lifestyle scheme offering discounts on a wide variety of products and services. To apply or for further information please contact us in confidence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
Impellam Internal - Apply Online
your application has been submitted