Position: Data Protection Manager
Are you passionate about safeguarding sensitive information and lead our commitment to privacy and security? We are looking for a Data Protection Manager to be the key contact for data protection activities and providing support and advice on data protection matters to the business.
- Provide technical support and advice to the wider legal team and businesses on data protection legislation.
- Collaborate and liaise with I.T department closely on completion of privacy assessments including Data Privacy Impact Assessments, Technical Impact Assessments.
- Proactively highlight areas of improvement in technology and tools to improve how they handle data protection compliance and the maintenance of up-to-date data mapping records.
- Co-operate with internal stakeholders and/ or the Information Commissioner's Office on any data protection investigations/breaches and provide recommendations as required.
- Research and keep up to date with latest legislative activities and assess impact and provide recommendations.
- Support the business and GDPR Champions to develop clear and concise processes for data protection compliance, p
- Work with wider legal team on international data transfer compliance utilising transfer risk assessments.
- Support the Legal Executive with subject access requests, data erasure requests, and responses to data breaches.
- Provide reporting on data protection matters as necessary.
What we're looking for
- A solid understanding of and interest in data protection / GDPR
- Prior experience in providing broad support and advice in data protection matters
- Strong technical knowledge in tools and systems
- Well organised with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail with analytical mindset
- Excellent written English and communication skills
- Educated to degree level or significant relevant experience
- Experienced on driving and handling data protection matters
- Excellent understanding of the law and legal frameworks in which business operates
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
your application has been submitted