Website Users - any individual who accesses any of the Impellam and Impellam brand websites.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
We collect a limited amount of data from our Website Users which we use to help us to improve your experience when using our websites and to help us manage the services we provide.
This comprises information such as how you use our websites, the frequency with which you access our websites, your browser type, the location you view our websites from, the language you choose to view it in and the times that our websites are most popular.
If you contact us via the websites we will collect any information that you provide to us, for example your name and contact details.
How do we collect your personal data?
When you visit our websites there is certain information that we will automatically collect, whether or not you decide to use our services namely your IP address, the date and the times and frequency with which you access the website, the way you browse its content and other technical information. We will also collect data from you when you contact us via the websites.
We collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with cookie settings in your browser. If you are also a Candidate, a Prospective Candidates or Client of Impellam, we will use data from your use of our websites to enhance other aspects of our communications with or service to you. If you would like to find out more about cookies, including how we use them and what choices are available to you, please refer to our Cookies Policy).
How do we use your personal data?
We use your data to help us to improve your experience of using our websites, for example by analysing your recent job search criteria to help us to present jobs or Candidates to you that we think you'll be interested in.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Where appropriate and in accordance with legal obligations and regulatory requirements, we will share your personal data, in various ways and for various reasons, with the following categories of people:
- Any of our group companies;
- Appropriate colleagues within Impellam (this may include colleagues in overseas offices);
- Individuals and organisations who hold information related to your reference or application to work with us, such as current, past or prospective employers, educators and examining bodies and employment and recruitment agencies;
- Tax, audit, or other authorities, when we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to share this data (for example, because of a request by a tax authority or in connection with any anticipated litigation);
- Third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf (external suppliers and consultants, business associates and professional advisers such as lawyers, auditors and accountants, technical support functions and IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems);
- Third party outsourced IT and document storage providers where we have an appropriate processing agreement (or similar protections) in place;
- Marketing technology platforms and suppliers;
How long do we keep your personal data for?
In determining the appropriate retention period for different types of personal data, we always consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data in question, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of that personal data, the purposes for which we need to process it and whether we can achieve those purposes by other means (in addition of course to ensuring that we comply with our legal, regulatory and risk-management obligations, as described above).